Istanbul - Back and all over town already


I finally made it to Istanbul again. Well, I guess I first had to get into holiday mood... Because today I was my usual efficient self...

I visited all the must-see places for dancers.... Grand Bazaar, Spice Bazaar, Istiklal Caddesi (including SIM Moda Evi) and Bella. Besides this I went a little shopping. And by 4 PM I was back in the hotel! So basically I had been all over town in just a few hours - efficient for sure.

Well, I have to say that I saved a lot of time because I am not really in the mood for costume shopping. I don’t have a regular dance gig right now, so all those lovely costumes that I have already are more than enough for the occasional birthday or wedding.

But I plan to do the Gran Bazaar more systematically. Like, for an entire day...

This time I am trying out new hotels. I booked one over the Internet for 2 nights. It’s nice and friendly and has a roof terrace with a breathtaking view. We’re talking about eating breakfast with the Blue Mosque to your right and the Hagia Sofia to your left!

Unfortunately the Sultanahmet region is quite expensive to stay at.

And really, my favourite place to be here is the Galata side around Istiklal street. So I got myself another hotel there which is cheaper but nicer. And more convenient for my nightly Tango excursions!

I was ready for all the delights that Istanbul had to offer...