Mumbai - Slowing down...


Because the dance lessons I wanted to take are not going to happen (all teachers seem to be on Diwali break) I have more time on my hands than I planned.

Yesterday I took the opportunity to just chill out. I got myself a facial and some massages... :-)

Later I had to figure out the mystery of how to pack all my stuff - and how much to send home.

I am not taking everything with me, so today I sent a box of nearly 14 kilos (!!!) via DHL. Now don’t worry, these are not 50 new pairs of shoes :-) Most of it are CDs plus some heavily embroidered (and therefore heavy) textiles.

I will take the rest of the really heavy items in my hand luggage so I can put the lighter things in the suitcase.

Today I did what I had been waiting for during all my stay: I watched DON. The remake of a classic 70ies film which just came out today.

I had seen the original (twice, actually) and was very curious to see the remake. They did a really good job. And I am soooo sad I didn’t take a CD player with me because the music of this film is great and I want to listen to it all the time!

The film started at noon, so I still have half a day in front of me, but I don’t think I will do much more stuff. Just get back to the hotel and finish the book I am reading - so there is one thing less I have to pack!

And you know you are in India.... when there's a special add for Amitabh Bachchan's birthday in the newspaper!

And just by the way, I own a Priyanka Chopra doll now! She's wearing her outfit from the "Laal Dupatta" song in the film Mujhse Shaadi Karogi. Which is funny because I actually watched this film here on TV on one of the evenings where I needed to relax in the hotel.