Paris - Summer in the City!


Soooo....
(excuse any typos please, I am writing on a French keyboard and I am too lazy to proof read. I’m on holiday after all!)

Yesterday I taught 2 hours of introduction in Tribal Style and then a brand new 4 hours Bollywood choreography which went quite well.

My classes had around 20 to 25 people! But it’s a big studio, so it went well. 

In the evening I just went to eat in a nice Indian restaurant and then to sleep. I stayed at a hotel closer to the dance studio. Hey, hotel hopping, my old hobby!!! But then, Paris is too big and I don’t want to spend all my time in the metro.
Instead I used the morning hours to check out the local street market.

View from my hotel room during the weekend





Then today it was two hours of shimmy technique (sweat!) and four more hours of Tribal.
I really like to teach American Tribal Style bellydance (I’m quite old school when it comes to Tribal, I even teach them how to do turbans!) because it’s such fun to see them dancing on their own in the end! It really gives me a sense that I achieved something even if their not perfect. It’s also the fun that counts.


Now I am back in the center, close to the shoe street ;-) And the view from my next hotel room looks different as well...

They overbooked my hotel room but got me another one close by. And right next to the new hotel there is a Moroccan restaurant. I ADORE Moroccan food!!

I just hope that it will stop raining. Yes - after days of HOT temperatures it suddenly started raining really heavily. Like “rivers of water in the streets” raining! Not to mention the thunder and lightning... 

But it was necessary I think. I don’t mind if it’s 3 degrees cooler tomorrow. Just one problem: the only shoes I brought that I can wear in the rain are my flip flops...

Later on, I might even go to do a little round of tango - because 6 hours of workshop is not enough dance in one day!

Tomorrow morning, it’s hamam time again! I will need the massage.....