A special picture - better late than never!




This is a picture I have been wanting to show you all for nearly 2 years!

It me in July 05 practicing for my performance in the IAMED show "Bellydance Live", held at the Ford  Amphitheatre in Hollywood.

So I knew I would perform on an open air stage with stairs. Well then, I had to practice on a terrasse with stairs, right? What you don’t see is that while dancing I had a wonderful view on Lake Geneva.

The house belongs to my boyfriend’s familiy. It’s over 100 years old and on a small island.

We spent some weekends there before heading to Los Angeles and I got up early every morning to dance before the sun came around the corner and it got too hot. Much to the amusement of some fishermen who passed by, I guess...

I bet my performance came out so well because of that angel watching over me :-)
And thanks to the floor mosaic on the top of the stairs that says DVM SPIRO SPERO. My Latin is practically non-existing but I think it means “As long as I breathe, I hope”!

This is the performance I practiced for, see the steps?