It's always interesting to look back after a trip and think about what you experienced and learned. And make lists :-)
So here is a short list of what I was glad to have brought with me to Chennai because it was really useful:
- earplugs and sleeping mask! Couldn’t have slept without them!
- most of my Indian clothes and shoes. I wore nothing Western for 2 weeks!
- my cameras, especially the film camera to tape all my new dances
- sun screen
- make-up (except for a bit of lipstick from time to time)
- most saris. I have switched to Salwar Kameez (tunic and pants) because they’re more comfortable and practical.
- loads of cash - you can pay with your credit card in most shops, so I did.
- shampoo - I hate washing my hair with cold water and it's cheap to get your hair done at the salon here anyway.
- having a cook and other servants. But especially the good cook!
- the warmth (it’s really cold at home)
- the friendly people I have met
- taking cold showers every day because the hot water doesn't work....
- the noise and air pollution
- meeting my boyfriend at the airport
- going out to eat a schnitzel with fries (we had vegetarian food for 2 weeks. It was good, but... a schnitzel is good as well!)
- my own bed
- my bathroom, especially the warm shower!!!
- unpacking all my new treasures :-)