Missed flights....


There are people out there who will tell me that they never missed a flight. I bet they don’t fly very often. (Or they are just lucky)

The more you travel by air, the more often you will stand there in an airport, frustrated and thinking how on earth you will make it from here to point-of-destination...

So far I missed 2 flights from LAX to Honolulu (I know, I’ve ranted about this before) - once due to the L.A. traffic, once due to the totally mis-organized, understaffed LAX personnel.

I missed a flight to Berlin because my identity card had run out and I had to get an emergency passport.

And in these modern times and e-tickets where you don’t have a paper in your hand that tells you when you have to check in, it gets more dangerous...

Today I missed a flight to Manchester. I didn’t want to tell the world why, but let this be a warning to you: Always double check your flight times!

I noted 8:10 AM in my agenda. Well, that was the ARRIVAL time in Manchester! (Plus, my boyfriend who drove me to the airport picked me up late, so there was no chance I could even have run to the terminal.)

Luckily Swiss airlines have several flights a day, so I got a seat for the evening flight, checked in my luggage and went back home...
And luckily it was so easy!

One of my friends who came to Chennai with me, accidentally wanted to go to the airport a whole day too late (the flights are around 2 in the morning, so you always have to be careful which date!). And it was a real pain for her to get a flight back - two days later and with changing flights twice...

So, my dear friends: Be paranoid about catching your flight, check your times and dates 10 times a day, you might be grateful for it!