New York - For the first time!


I arrived in New York in the afternoon (May 21) after a 10 hours flight during which I watched a LOT of Battlestar Galactica...

First of all: Thumbs up for Newark / Liberty airport. I think it must have to do with the fact that it’s not so huge - it’s well organized and everything went smoothly.

I immediately hit the town. Bought a pair of shoes within the first half hour :-)

But this was the only one. Actually I wasn’t that much in a shopping mood, knowing that I would have plenty of time for that later in Honolulu.

So I just walked around a bit, had yummy Brazilian dinner and then went to dance Tango - what else...
It's the best way to spend an evening in a town where you don't know anybody and still want to feel at home.

By the way, this is the window of my hotel room.... I forgot to take a picture from the view, but I think you can imagine that I didn't really see much of the outside world throught it anyway.