Istanbul - dancing the night away


So, all that heavy shopping and a slight (hahaha) lack of sleep are starting to affect us...

Our main adventure today was to go to Çedikpaşa hamam, my favourite. Not expensive, but spacious. And they have an extra sauna room and a little pool. We really needed the sweating, scrubbing and massage....



Then Katharina went for her tango lesson and I picked up my shoes - and had a siesta...


We met up for dinner with one of Karharina's friends and two of his friends. I seem to be eating some sort of meat for most meals... köfte and the like. But so far I haven't gotten bored with it :-)



The we splittet, I went to the milonga at TangoJean. Katharina just came along shortly to arrange a private tango lesson for the next day, then went to party with the boys.

I was very busy dancing with a different man for every tanda (round of 4 - 5 songs). I guess I have arrived at my goal of becoming a decent social dancer :-)
I don't have ambitions to teach or perform this dance, but I want to be good enough so that men want to dance with me more than once. A woman even complimented me, saying that I am a "çok güsel dansöz". Mission accomplished!

After the milonga was over I joined the others at a club called Araf - motto: All Music From The World. And that's exactly what they played, it was so much fun! We had a blast there until nearly 3 AM...