Beirut - More Beach

As often when I go to bed very late I woke up too early, after only 6 hours of sleep. But since I didn't plan anything too tiring for the day that was OK.

Temperatures had gone down a little so it was very pleasant to walk into town and down to the waterfront. I spent my entire afternoon at the St. George beach club.



Some of the people, especially some older women looked as if they spent every single day there, they were so tanned that they couldn't possibly get any darker, although they did their best, sitting in the sun for hours.


I could finally get enough energy together to go to the pool and swim for a while. After all it was the best place to watch the eye candy (handsome men in bathing suits...).



On my way back I noticed that they had closed a part of the road along the sea and it was only open for pedestrians and bicyclers. It was nice to walk for a while without the noise of traffic.



Back at the hotel I took another nap and then went to get a light dinner. I hadn't been eating much all day, I still felt stuffed from the food orgy of the day before.


Sam joined me there and we went to a milonga together. Inbetween dances I also got to talk to some of the women. Everybody kept asking me "when will you be back?" to which I could only say "I don't know".


I like Beirut but for the moment I am kind of done with it. I feel like I have seen most of what there is to see. And not willing to drive around there myself I always depend on somebody else driving me, especially to go out of town. Well, we will see...