Some stuff that crossed my mind during this trip:
- As long as there are young Turkish men, the hair gel industry will not go out of business!
- There's a growing number of Turkish people, notably women, with tattoos - even on very visible body parts
- One of the best things about travelling alone is that I can eat and sleep whenever I want. This may seem trivial, but I do get irritated if I am hungry and have to wait for somebody to get ready to go.
- And in the mornings I can get up and be full of energy without somebody in the bed beside me who thinks that I am crazy and we should sleep 2 more hours :-) (I do take naps later - if I want to)
- Some music does NOT enhance my shopping experience. For example: play Rihanna's "S & M" and see me run!
- When will waistlines of dresses ever drop again? For 10 years I have been waiting for the "pregnancy fashion" to go away and it's STILL there!
- It is very important that tango shoes are comfortable!
- During 8 days in Istanbul I had tavuk sis (chicken skewers) 6 times. It must be my favourite dish here :-) And the best is the cheap one in the little street restaurant close to the hotel. Oh, and get me an ayran to drink with that!